Cares and Concerns Committee
Part of the Mount Mansfield Unitarian Universalist Fellowship mission is to care for our MMUUF community in times of need.
Support we can provide
Are you facing a difficult time in your life? Is your family in crisis? Are you or your loved one dealing with serious illness? The Cares & Concerns Committee can coordinate outreach to help meet your needs, or help you connect with a trusted professional.
For example, we can coordinate help with:
- Home or hospital visits
- Temporary child care
- Help around the house
- Memorial services
Can we help you in some way? Don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com. We keep all requests confidential unless we have permission to share.
Our fellowship emergency fund
Our fellowship has also established a fund to support members and friends in times of emergency. This fund offers financial support for issues that could result extreme hardships like loss of power, heat, or employment, such as:
- Utility bills
- Gas money
- Auto repairs
- Other needs
What to know about how the fund works:
- We always keep emergency fund requests confidential.
- We try to provide funds within 48 hours of the request.
- We can provide up to $500 to a member or friend through the fund. Amounts beyond this require approval from the Steering Committee.
- The person requesting the funds must also apply for any public services they qualify for based on their income.
- The intention is for a member or friend to access this fund no more than once per year.
- We don’t expect fund recipients to repay the funds.
If you’re an MMUUF member or friend and you need financial help in an emergency, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.